Such thing as a short sleeve full suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contore33

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was just wondering if anybody could give me names of a good short sleeve full suit for diving, or if they even exist, I dive in pretty warm water in florida so im just looking for the between of a full suit and a shorty, or if anybody knows of a way into making a fullsuit into a short sleeve one, I would really appreciate it.

11942200-scissors-on-a-white-background.jpg

You might want to consider a john/jacket, and then diving just one or both as a flexible choice.

Would I just cut the sleeves, and use some sort of wetsuit adhesive?

Yes it is as simple as that. Wetsuit glue or even a dab of super glue can be used on the threads to prevent them from unraveling at the cut.

Both Rip Curl and Billabong make short sleeve full length wetsuits, of course these are surfing wetsuits... But as long as your in warm water I don't think it matters that much.

My husband has a Rip Curl, used it everyday on our trip to Jamaica. Worked just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xta, the only problem with surf suits is they're not designed for diving. The difference is that scuba-specific wetsuits are typically made with neoprene that resists pressure better. As you descend, all wetsuits compress some. Surf suits compress much more, and much more quickly, than scuba suits. The more they compress, the less warmth they provide.

I once had the legs fall off one of my ancient wetsuits... well, actually they developed MAJOR tears at about knee level so I took it in to the custom wetsuit maker I got it from and they chopped the legs off and sealed them. I'm not sure I'd consider just cutting the arms off with scissors.

if you get a custom suit you can have it made any way you want...

Back
Top Bottom