wetsuits for fat people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am 6'4" 280lbs, which brand will make suits for me? I want a tropical suit (1.5mm) or even some stuff to layer. It seems even the 3xl will be too small for me?

My Girlfriend is Short and Fluffy. We had here a Custom Wetsuit made and it is top notch at the same price as an off the shelf wetsuit.
We went with:
New Wave Wetsuits
Theresa L. Dye
Fullerton Ca
Ph#714-744-1365
Well worth it…..

IrnBear

I am 6'4" 280lbs, which brand will make suits for me? I want a tropical suit (1.5mm) or even some stuff to layer. It seems even the 3xl will be too small for me?

You sir, are not fat. You are gravitationally enhanced. :)

I am not a stock size. I've yet to see a stock size called jumbo shrimp.
I'm a fan of Wetwear Suits and the EZon zippers (best invention in diving if you ask me).
Netdoc is a big fella, here is his most recent suit from Wetwear. Call Connie and she'll take care of you.

attachment.php

When I lived in California, I had a New Wave Wetsuit as well. If you contact them, tell Theresa I said hello.

And lastly, Akona makes Big & Tall Men's sizes up to 5X. Here is their size chart.

6'1", about 275#, Henderson Thermoprene 3x is quite snug but not overly so. Buying again, I'd spring for Aqualock to get even more stretch. I wear 46 pants. Stocky build. With your height, you should be a bit slimmer than me. 3x with stretchy material might serve well. Let us know what you get and how it works out.

Unfortunately I am also too fat, but shorter than you.
Wet suit is pretty stretched. ScubaPro 1mm (I think 2XL) and Henderson 5mm fit are very good on me.
Dry suit I ordered custom.

Back
Top Bottom