Tip for a chest-zip wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cascaval

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My old wetsuit is falling apart so I have to start looking for a new one. Surprisingly, I haven't yet found one that would meet my requirements:

MUST
  • 5mm on torso
  • 5, 4 or 3mm on other parts
  • chest-zip
  • no stupid zips on the wrists
  • flexible (enough)

WOULD BE NICE

• thigh pocket
  • (fluid) taped seams

I have checked the major producers and only Scubapro's Everflex wetsuit comes close.

Can anybody please give me a tip for a wetsuit meeting the requirements? (mayby from a smallish less-known producer)

I was just looking at that suit. Maybe 5mm in the chest wouldn't be stretchy enough to get a suit like that on?

I have a mate who dives a neotek, reckons it is the best suit he ever had. Unfortunately their sizes don't fit everyone, and they do not do custom, but worth a crack.

Guys, thanks for the recommendation. Something like Hollis Neotek is really what I have in mind. Unfortunately, they don't seem to make a version of the suit with thinner neoprene and 8mm is too thick for the dives that I usually do.

how about bare

Their Velocity Hooded Semi-dry suit? It's 8mm again. But if I went for a custom made suit, I'd probably ask them if they can make one for me as I live close to their factory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom