Bottle shape wrist seal to glue on DUI zip ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
DUI cone shape wrist seal never really works for me. They always leak due to my pronounced tendons. I got my hand on a pair of old zip rings, and I am thinking of gluing bottle shape seal on it. I kind of know what I need to do. I just need to buy the right seal. What is a good quality bottle wrist seal to get? Should I go for thicker deavy duty seal?

The heavy duty ones will last longer but will be more prone to leak, especially if you have deep tendon channels. I've done exactly what you're doing w. zip seals and it works great. The brand that purports to be a "higher quality" latex seal is Gummifabrikken. Whether or not it is I don't know because I've never used them. I'm not really familiar w. any other "name brand" replacement seals.

The place I always get mine (generic brand) from are in the UK at Seaskin. You cannot beat the prices anywhere (Multiply Pounds times 1.6 to get appx US cost. The VAT Tax will be removed if you get shipped to US.). I get them delivered to me in So Cal in about 10-20 days on average. The shipping costs are very reasonable ($15-$20). The best source for spare drysuit parts in the US, IMO, is Dive Right In Scuba.

Also contact Gamblescuba.com in Gainesville, Fl.....They do a lot of wet/dry suit repairs and may already have what you're looking for in stock.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom