Drysuit? ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbly noob

Registered
Reaction score
Here what might sound like one dumb question but and however this is a genuine one.

I have a problem with Wetsuit, I hate the fact that I feel "compressed-squeezed" and my sciatic nerve reacts strongly to water's differences temperatures (the deeper the colder)
- Diving in tropical waters... would it be A-OK to use a Drysuit?
- Has anyone done it?

Thank you!

I've used a dry suit here in Miami in the Winter, and there was one Summer that had horrible thermoclines. The only problem doing that in the tropics is overheating topside and having to take the suit off during surface intervals.

I don't dive wet anywhere. I use a shell suit with a light undergarment in the tropics, and I love it. I really haven't found it any hotter than getting into a wetsuit, and you are MUCH warmer getting out.

I love my trilam (Santi) and dive it always. The picture to left is me in Greece. Wearing just a drybase undergarment feels like wearing a 3mm wetsuit, but more comfortable. The key topside is either put on the suit half way up to your waist using the suspenders or getting it wet as soon as you zipper up. The evaporating water from the suit's surface will keep you cool while you gear up.

THANK YOU ALL
I recently tried (in shop) a wetsuit, yes it was too small, but still and because of such "compression" my sciatic nerves went to the roof.
20 year ago, when swapping wetsuits between divers (we were young & broke) I remember the immediate cold feeling of the wetsuit from the earlier diver, my back was already killing me and I was still on the platform...
So it's gonna be Plate + Drysuit :)

be sure to get a trilam suit if you want to usr it in the tropics, neoprene would likely be too hot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom