Pinnacle Freedom 3/Entry level drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CptTightPants21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does any one have any experience with the Pinnacle Freedom 3? I am currently looking at getting my first dry suit and hoping to pay around $1,000-1,200 + undergarments. I want it to be front zip for when I get solo cert. I am also looking at getting a higher quality suit used, but the pinnacle looks like it is a good value with everything that it comes with. Scubatoys also has the Hollis FX100 for $1100. What are people's opinions?

Does any one have any experience with the Pinnacle Freedom 3? I am currently looking at getting my first dry suit and hoping to pay around $1,000-1,200 + undergarments. I want it to be front zip for when I get solo cert. I am also looking at getting a higher quality suit used, but the pinnacle looks like it is a good value with everything that it comes with. Scubatoys also has the Hollis FX100 for $1100. What are people's opinions?

Really nice suit! It's a nice trilam with a great pocket. How do you fit in the size chart? That is the big question.

The Hollis is another really nice suit that can take a beating. It's a fuzzy suit, so if you have a dog or a cat, their hair will stick all over it. The bilam interior is EASY to patch as well if you do get a hole in it.

We do have a used selection. We go thru a lot of drysuits here at DRIS, and alot of the manufacturers call us to buy suits that other dealers walk away from. There are always some great deals on drysuits. Give me a call and we can see what we have in your size.

Really nice suit! It's a nice trilam with a great pocket. How do you fit in the size chart? That is the big question.

The Hollis is another really nice suit that can take a beating. It's a fuzzy suit, so if you have a dog or a cat, their hair will stick all over it. The bilam interior is EASY to patch as well if you do get a hole in it.

We do have a used selection. We go thru a lot of drysuits here at DRIS, and alot of the manufacturers call us to buy suits that other dealers walk away from. There are always some great deals on drysuits. Give me a call and we can see what we have in your size.
r
Thanks for the reply. I am basically a XLS, but would probably need to try it on with undergarments to be sure. I will definitely give you guys a call when I am ready to make a purchase.

I just bought one and am loving it now that I have the undergarments sorts out. I do not have a lot of experience with drysuits as this is my first, but for the price I would say you cannot go wrong. Mike at dris helped me out with the whole package and I came out to around 1300 with boots, hood, and undergarments.

I just bought one and am loving it now that I have the undergarments sorts out. I do not have a lot of experience with drysuits as this is my first, but for the price I would say you cannot go wrong. Mike at dris helped me out with the whole package and I came out to around 1300 with boots, hood, and undergarments.

What issues did you have with the undergarments? All my dive buddies dive 4th element Xerotherm or Arctic and I was just going to pick up the same.

We got Sprice into a Pinnacle undergarment in the beginning, but it was just too warm for him. He runs hotter than most :wink:

We now has the 4th Element Xerotherm Undies. I haven't heard back yet, but that usually means all is good!

Larry, what water temps are you diving?

North East so 40's maybe high 30's. All my buddies dive Xerotherm and that was what I was planning on getting......good to hear that that is what is working for Sprice.

All is better than good, the new undergarments are great! I just had to exchange the bottoms for a smaller size. I have not dove below 50 yet with them, but when I d I will add under armor and all should be comfortable at 40 I think.

Looking and one of these too... What's the downside to the freedom 3? Anyone have any bad experiences with them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom