Bare HDC expedition tech dry - any feedback yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes...and no. I have about 8 dives on mine but have made no reviews as it is my first drysuit experience. It is lightweight appears well made and looks decent... I am still getting used to a drysuit but am nearly done for this year.....spring will be the bigger test. In Bares eyes I am an unusual size and had to go custom.....(off the shelf wetsuits fit fine from both Bare and AL but not so in drysuits....I tried a bunch on).

Bump, would love to hear about thus suit.

How is the fit of the dry-suit. The Expedition model, supposedly, features a "Cave Cut" profile. Have you experienced any problems with mobility?

Thanks,

Didn't get the cave cut. I got it for cold water with heavy undergarments. The undergarments restrict me more than the drysuit.

I got the HDC cave cut and it fits perfect. No problem with mobility. Granted it's my first drysuit and I've only had it out in the water 4 times. Personally I think the cave cut is perfect with plenty of room. The only place that my be restricted would be from the knees down as the suit is more form fit to prevent an air bubble being trapped there while inverted. I haven't seen the standard cut, but for me the cave edition works great I'm diving the Puget sound.

Any more information on this suit? A few of us are looking at replacing/picking up a second suit and this is on our lists of suits to check out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom