Replacement for SSA Dive Skin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech3324

Lionfish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've got this 15 year old SSA dive skin that I've finally worn out from warm water trips. It's 80/20% nylon/lycra, front zip, pocket on each leg, made in USA, weighs 20oz size 16/18, and is a multi-layer stretch fabric. I would love to replace this suit with the exact same thing but can't find one online, so looking for the closest equivalent suit. Must be front zip and heavier than lycra material.

Best I can find is Henderson Polyolefin Jumpsuit with Spine Pad Unisex at LeisurePro or Cressi 1mm Skin Rash-Guard Suit, Black at LeisurePro. Any thoughts on either of those suits or where I could order an SSA suit in the US? I have tried my LDS and Sport Chalet but they have nothing similar. Thanks!

I purchased the Henderson to replace a worn SSA. The Henderson while single layer is much thicker than a simple lycra skin. Otherwise it is more or less equivalent to the SSA.

While not in the US an option is to potentially order an SSA from,

SSA Suits , Tropical Watersports

Thanks for the link for ordering SSA Suits. I did end up buying a Henderson Polyolefin Jumpsuit for my Cozumel trip last week. Very disappointed with the Henderson suit as the seams started separating from the first day. The quality I was expecting from Henderson just isn't there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom