Carapace scuba custom wetsuits any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irsubmarine

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi fellow divers!

Being 6'6 with long legs I'm shopping around for a custom wetsuit. I stumbled upon Carapace(carapacewetsuits). Great looking site(best site by far of the smaller custom creators that I've seen) and the wetsuits look really gorgeous and their specs seem good. However, I can't really find any scuba reviews or recommendations from other customers online. Their Facebook profile seems to have a reasonable amount of followers and I found a Youtube vid of a surfer that reviewed one of the surfer models... However, I can't find any external info on their Endo 1 or Endo 2 scuba models. I'm assuming this might be because they are a relative newcomer to the market. I'm a little reluctant to blindly order the Endo 1 based solely on the pictures and info on their site without seeing any type of reviews or feedback.

Has anyone ordered the Carapace Endo 1 or 2 custom wetsuits? Can anyone confirm if this is a reputable company? Any divers willing to review their Carapace wetsuit? Are they worth my hard earned money?

Sorry, no info on the Carapace suits.

Being 6'6 and skinny, with long legs, I was very surprised to find that the Subgear IR5 (long version) fit me perfectly. Maybe Subgear might be worth a try for you?

Thanks for that. I suppose you use the 102 size of that suit? I'll stay fixated on a custom but I'll have to give that a try if I see one.

I dont remember and I don't have the suit anymore, sorry. Must be the longest, slimmest option though. It was a great suit for the price.

Hey Irsubmarine,

Full disclosure I am one of the founders of Carapace Custom Wetsuits. I recently found this message board and although it has been well over a year since this question has been up I feel that I can provide valuable information for you all.

We introduced our dive line last year in August and have been growing that side of our business organically. Mostly through word of mouth or through google searches.
-Our ENDO1 wetsuit uses a high compression resistant neoprene with a soft comfortable inner jersey and a stretchy durable jersey on the outside to protect from abrasion. Fully handtapped on every seam and every wetsuit is built one by one by hand.
-Our ENDO2 line of wetsuits use a stretchier neoprene that is more suitable for surface water or warm water activities. It does not resist to high compression so diving around 30ft in 60degree waters would be ideal for this line of wetsuits.
-We understand that your hard earned cash should be spent on a product worth that investment and with all of our products we offer risk free purchasing. If the wetsuit for some reason does not fit you the way you want it to we will alter or even remake the wetsuit to have it fit you the way you want it to fit you free of charge. In fact if you are still worried that it might not be the product you expect it to be I will guarantee your money back if you're not satisfied.
-We stand behind our product and do everything possible to suit you up the way you should be suited to explore and enjoy the outdoors.

If you have any questions regarding my response and would like to learn more about our wetsuits feel free to reach out to info@carapacewetsuits.com and our customer support team will answer everything you need to know.

Get suited and go explore - Carapace Wetsuits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom