Waterproof D1 / D7 sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emstuv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I am looking for a new drysuit. Diving in the arctic (Norway), it is a necessity. I currently have a Scubapro Evertec in XL, but the legs are just a little short so the crotch is low. When I put on my BC crotch strap it hinders movement as the legs get very stretched.

I am kinda looking at Waterproof, especially the D1 as I can get a good deal on one. However sizing..... due to the cost of the suit not many stores carry multiple sizes of the suit for trying. Maybe someone similar to my build as a recommendation.

Height : 6´2.5
Weight : 200lbs
Inseam : 36"
Neck to wrist : 32"
Chest : 42.5"
Waist : 35"
Feet : 11.5

I feel I fall i between sizes.

Thanks for any advice.

Try measuring based off of the size chart and that may help a bit more. Put your rig on with your crotch strap where you want it, no exposure protection and have someone measure from the crotch strap to your ankle bone. That's a rather important one.

Next important one is your neck to crotch because that is your ability actually get into the suit.

Waist sizes are all going to be big on drysuits, so you can mostly ignore that one, but it's usually the difference in needing a tall series of suit instead of a regular one if you're thin for your height.

Realistically you're looking at a LT depending on your exposure protection requirements. If you get cold easily, you may want to look at the XLT since that will give you a bit more room for undergarments in your feet and everywhere else. Drysuits are a very personal thing, I like mine snug regardless of how cold it is, some like lots of insulation, it all depends on you as an individual. The nice thing with drysuits is you can usually have the socks replaced to give you an extra few inches in the legs if that is all you need. Most of the socks are quite long so you can take advantage of that if the suit is perfect in every way except for length in the legs. It sucks that you have to do it right off the bat, but you might be able to get waterproof to leave the socks off so you can glue them on where they need to be.

Back
Top Bottom