OS Dry glove system question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just received my os systems drygloves with the connecting rings. The instructions say not to store the suit or the gloves with the rings attached as it will be hard on the latex seals of both the gloves and the drysuit. So, do you disassemble the gloves and rings each time you use the suit or only when not using them for an extended period of time. What do you all (who may have similar systems) do?

I just leave mine together. I have found a place to buy the gloves for under 5 bucks and they last for two or three months and then I just replace them.

I have never had any issues with them at all.

I would think that the constent taking apart would be harder on the 'O" rings and would increase the chances of a leak.

JMHO.

Mike...

Where can you get them for that price? I have one that develped some small holes in the latex seal and would love to replace them cheaply.

Paco:
I just received my os systems drygloves with the connecting rings. The instructions say not to store the suit or the gloves with the rings attached as it will be hard on the latex seals of both the gloves and the drysuit. So, do you disassemble the gloves and rings each time you use the suit or only when not using them for an extended period of time. What do you all (who may have similar systems) do?

I leave my rings attached to my suit all the time and I haven't had any kind of problems with seals. As far as gloves go I get about six to eight months out of a pair.

I just leave mine attached. Seattle Marine is where to get the Atlas gloves, insulated or non-insulated for a great price.

Paco:
Where can you get them for that price? I have one that develped some small holes in the latex seal and would love to replace them cheaply.
I picked mine up at Seattle Marine for about $16 a pair. But, you're not anywhere close to Seattle, so I'm not aure that will help you. :) Here's a link to the gloves I bought:

https://ssl2.adhost.com/seamar/merchant.cfm?pid=49301&step=4

They're the Atlas 495s (I like the removable liners, the gloves dry out a LOT faster if they flood), and it looks like you can order them online from Seatle Marine.

One thing... these gloves are not like the OS Systems ones with latex on the ends (as you can see in the picture). Therefore they're a little tricker to assemble, but do work great once assembled. I can't do it myself, I have my wife hold the ring while I put the glove and O-ring on. It's hard to describe how you put these together on the OS Systems ring, if you're interested I'll put some pictures up, as it's easier to see than to describe.

Jimmie

Thanks tons for the info. Yes, without the latex seals, it looks like it could be tricky getting them on the OS rings, but for that price (vs. $76) it's worth a go.

Are these only for drysuit use?

Well I use them for gardening and cleaning the cat litter...:D

They really aren't for wetsuit use it that's what you're getting at...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom