drysuit hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the market for a hood which ones do you guys like looking at the whites heat pretty hard tge lds carrys aqualung flex 7/4 dry hood pinnacle seems to have a nice one so many choices

If you're looking for warmth, then go with an Otter Bay custom hood. Many of us call them neoprene helmets. They SUCK at the surface, but your head will be warm and cozy underwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

I think the waterproof would be to thick IM sure a 7 mm will be plenty thick for my water temps high 40s to low 50s

whatever you do, make sure it has a zipper on the back if you plan on being at the surface of open water for any amount of time unless you have a seriously skinny neck. Whites Heat, or the Pinnacle 7mm Merino are my preferred for currently available. Dive Rite used to make a hood that was really nice as well. I think Northeast Scuba still has a big stock of them.

Make sure you can try one on before you buy. I bought a Pinnacle 7mm Merino hood online, and it turned out to be the most uncomfortable hood I've ever worn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you put anything else under your hoods? Like some lavacore layer, or, perhaps, slip another hood on top?

Back
Top Bottom