"Unprotected" TiZip zipper drysuit install?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have a TiZip zipper on my DUI TLS-350 and love it. It's time to replace the zipper on my trusty - if not infamous - DUI 30/30 tropical drysuit. I am somewhat concerned though as the 30/30 (a front entry suit) has an exposed zipper, rather than a flap or overlayer with secondary zipper.

Does anyone have any experience with a TiZip zipper installed on a suit with an exposed zipper?

Thanks in advance - Ray

RJP.jpg

dui-3030-large.jpg

Most of the BARE drysuits that I have seen with TiZips don't have the protection cover/flap on their backzip suits. I would tend to think it's not a huge issue though I assume there is more wear and tear associated with a front zip drysuit.

I wouldn't worry, we install them on a ton of suits, and about 30% don't have a flap. We have never had an issue with one, and have about 2 years of suits in the field. Same with Bare.

How about this...if you have an issue within 2 years, I will replace the zipper and install a flap for free (assuming we do the install)

I wouldn't worry, we install them on a ton of suits, and about 30% don't have a flap. We have never had an issue with one, and have about 2 years of suits in the field. Same with Bare.

How about this...if you have an issue within 2 years, I will replace the zipper and install a flap for free (assuming we do the install)

Thanks for info... and offer.

Suit is currently at my LDS for neck/ankle seal replacement - for an immediately upcoming trip - when the zipper question came up. I'd take you up on your offer otherwise.)

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom