help - p-valve problem has left pee stains

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octopete

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi

slightly embaressing problem but hope someone can help. have membrane drysuit and after issue with p-valve suffered a slight case of urine inside the drysuit :(

problem is ive washed with shampoo (the mcnett stuff) and although thats cleared up the smell, theres stains left on the inside, presumably by the urine (kind of looks that way). like dark ring marks.

i looked about for some stain remover tips, tryed washing liquid, vinegar, bicarbonate soda but so far no luck.
does anyone have any tips for what i can use to get rid of the ringmarks/stains that is not going to damage the drysuit?

also noticed some mildew spots elsewhere, so by the by if anyone knows how to remove those too even better...

sigh!!

be greatful for any tips,
pete

Well... if it's clean and it doesn't smell then a pee-valve malfunction just makes for a good story. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

R..

Well... if it's clean and it doesn't smell then a pee-valve malfunction just makes for a good story. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

R..

thanks, appreciate the reply, but i definitly want to get rid of the stains, so im really looking for help on what might work to get rid of them.

cheers
pete

Cool. I hope someone can help you.

The obvious approach would be to stain the entire suit evenly... LOL :wink: Just kidding. I really do hope someone can help you solve this.

R..

Call Steve Gamble and ask, he's the man when it comes to drysuits.

Doubt you'll get rid of the stain, not that a stain really matters. But seriously, call Steve Gamble in Gainesville, FL. If he says you're screwed, you can take that to the bank.

Try a soak in Simple Green. Not saying it will work, but it will not hurt.

Back
Top Bottom