Service Quality Between Bare and DUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Guys:

I'm considering migrating away from my current drysuit due some fit issues and some service issues by the manufacturer. Currently I have the DUI FLX Extreme or a Bare HDC Tech Dry in mind. I know that, both, Bare and DUI make quality drysuit. However, how would you rate each post purchase when the need for service has arisen? I live in California so shipping to Vancouver or San Diego isn't a problem and transit to either location would not take long.

Appreciate your feedback,
Ouvea

I know 3 people, including myself, who have recently bough a Bare drysuit. I got a trilam tech dry, another got a HDC expedition tech dry, haven't seen the 3rd. The two of us who have dove them are happy with it (one just arrived Monday), but they all took a LONG time for all the pieces to arrive. I got the actual (off-the shelf) DS well before the undergarments and dry gloves, the guy with the Expedition got the undergarments in two weeks but his actual (custom) DS took longer than predicted. The guy who just got his was waiting for it a long time and was quite vocal about it on Sunday as he was diving in his wetsuit.

No complaints other than that.

Hi Guys:

I'm considering migrating away from my current drysuit due some fit issues and some service issues by the manufacturer. Currently I have the DUI FLX Extreme or a Bare HDC Tech Dry in mind. I know that, both, Bare and DUI make quality drysuit. However, how would you rate each post purchase when the need for service has arisen? I live in California so shipping to Vancouver or San Diego isn't a problem and transit to either location would not take long.

Appreciate your feedback,
Ouvea

I have a Bare Nex-Gen (bi-laminate) suit I purchased used and needed larger socks installed. No problems / hassles / issues from Bare, and they have US based address so I didn't have to go through Canadian customs hell. Price was $150 and they paid return shipping.

Bare advertises a lifetime warranty on their seams (not limited to original owner), based on this I would totally believe them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom