NEW - Scubapro EverFlex Steamer 5/4mm Men's ...Size issue? / or not? ... need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaronad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just received my new Scubapro EverFlex Steamer 5/4mm Men's . it really like it - looks a good and quality wetsuit etc

My old wetsuits (aqualung / waterproof) are always at size L - so I ordered L of course,
this is my first scubapro suit....that I actually try wearing

But it seems a little bit tight / small...
I just tried it at home - didn't dive with it yet..
is there a Size issue with scubapro wetsuits ? that I didn't know about ?

Or the suit should stretch and loosen up a bit after few dives ?
should I expect a more " loosen feeling " at the water ?

THX

They are small...in my experience. I ordered the same suit in a medium. I wear a medium in cressi, oceanic, bare. The scubapro, I could barely zip it, and the arms and neck were too tight. I exchanged it for a large...

Their suits are cut ridiculously small, in my limited experience with them.

I remember my first test with aqualung... Also it felt very tight.... Maybe after few dives It will be 100%....?

It is not un bearable.... Only a little tight.... Like I'm not used to it... Like a new jeans.
After all that us the right way... No?
Close as posiable to your bodey
The spec about the L size.... fits my body....

I don't know what to decide :-(

I bought mine several years ago and ended up getting an XXL which fits perfectly. I wear an XL in other suits. Scubapro is sized smaller than others.

I got an advise from an instructor...that says :" yes scubapro = is smaller than others....actually they divided each size into 2>> L and L regular etc.

He said that I'm not used to it yet - and after few questions...he told me that this is actually the right way to fit a suit.

He also said that in the water I will fill much better than the first time / out of water "dry"
and that many do the mistake of "comfort out of water " size....that is actually a lot of "air pockets" inside that In fact floods you and doesn't keep you warm

well....after seeing this too videos = 100% the right size ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNv3vmfFwwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytAtyuZxTgA

And after I wore it for an hour....well I decided to keep it
:)

maybe it will turn out to be the right size after all

THX

Last edited:
In the last month, I have tried on or worn Oceanic Ultra 3/2 and 7, Cressi Spring 3.5, Akona Men's 3, Akona Quantum Stretch 3, Scubapro Everflex 5/4 and 3/2. I wore an XXL in all of them. The Scubapro suits were maybe a little bit tighter, but in a good way. I thought they actually hugged me better, especially in the arm pits and crotch. The arms and legs were the right length. The torso was the right length - it pulled up tight in the crotch but did not make me feel like the suit was trying to prevent me from standing up straight. And the neck is snug without pressure that makes it feel too tight. And I can do squats, raise my arms over my head, etc, without feeling like I'm fighting the suit.

Make sure when you put it on that you pull it up all the way snug against your crotch before you put your arms in. Otherwise, even if the suit is the right size, it will feel too small. Same thing for making sure the sleeves are pulled all the way up tight into your armpits.

I think they are also cut for thin people. The "robust" Americans don't seem to fit into the suits so well.

In the last month, I have tried on or worn Oceanic Ultra 3/2 and 7, Cressi Spring 3.5, Akona Men's 3, Akona Quantum Stretch 3, Scubapro Everflex 5/4 and 3/2. I wore an XXL in all of them. The Scubapro suits were maybe a little bit tighter, but in a good way. I thought they actually hugged me better, especially in the arm pits and crotch. The arms and legs were the right length. The torso was the right length - it pulled up tight in the crotch but did not make me feel like the suit was trying to prevent me from standing up straight. And the neck is snug without pressure that makes it feel too tight. And I can do squats, raise my arms over my head, etc, without feeling like I'm fighting the suit.

Make sure when you put it on that you pull it up all the way snug against your crotch before you put your arms in. Otherwise, even if the suit is the right size, it will feel too small. Same thing for making sure the sleeves are pulled all the way up tight into your armpits.

Well [emoji41].... I couldn't say it better :)

" a little bit tighter, but in a good way"!
Thx for the detailed response and advises [emoji106]

Well..... after 2 dives....I'm back to report that :
IT IS 100% THE RIGHT SIZE! >>> and 200% the best wetsuit I ever had :)

I've learned something for sure ....as "stuartv" said :
" a little bit tighter, but in a good way"! ....
is the right way and actually is GR8 at the water

THX ALL

Back
Top Bottom