drysuit boot choices...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OtherHalf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm in the market for drysuit boots and was hoping for some reviews. Ive narrowed my search down to 4 choices, but I'm open to other ideas. I wear a size 14 shoe, and my suit (when it gets delivered) will have neoprene socks. I'll obviously have socks on under that for warmth. I'm looking at the following choices, and having a hard time figuring out what, other than price and brand, separate them...

DUI rock boots, in size 14, ($105)
Hollis rock boots, in size 14, ($85)
Pinnacle rock boots, in size 14, ($99)
converse chuck taylors in 16. ($50)

Prices seem comparable on most of these. Converse are plus shipping. Am I missing out on anything by not getting a purpose built dive boot? Is there something about the construction of the dedicated dive boots that set them apart?

I'm in the market for drysuit boots and was hoping for some reviews. Ive narrowed my search down to 4 choices, but I'm open to other ideas. I wear a size 14 shoe, and my suit (when it gets delivered) will have neoprene socks. I'll obviously have socks on under that for warmth. I'm looking at the following choices, and having a hard time figuring out what, other than price and brand, separate them...

Prices seem comparable on most of these. Converse are plus shipping. Am I missing out on anything by not getting a purpose built dive boot? Is there something about the construction of the dedicated dive boots that set them apart?

I us the (converse chuck taylors in 16. ($50)) STIYLE ,they work great the only thing is I do not buy the Converse brand. I go to Wal-mart or Target (here is us )I pay $10.00 I think the purpose made boots are over priced and a wast of money. I have also used my hard soled wet suit booties. That worked well to. ANOTHER THING I LIKED ABOUT BOTH OF THESE IS I NEVER HAD TO CHANGE THE SIZE OF MY FINNS

I use overboots for wetsuit diving too to only use one set of fins. I'd just buy chucks, they don't make them wide enough for my feet, but for the money the other ones just aren't worth it

I'm about to go the chuck Taylor route. I too use boots to wetsuit dive so I can maintain my boot size across the board.

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the brevity and typos. 8^)

I'm familiar with the Converse and DUI, and I'd pass on the Converse.

can you elaborate?
They're not designed for diving. The fit, at least for me is wrong. They're long and narrow for dive gear. I wear size 8 street shoes and the Converse size 10 is the best fit, but still fits tight width wise and long with dead space in the toes. The laces are awkward compared to the DUI. They take a long time to dry, and make you look mentally disabled.

Back
Top Bottom