si tech vs dui dump valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poohbear1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi i was just wondering, i have a dui clx and on my last couples dives i have a wet shoulder. Woukd si tech valve be the answer? Thanks

Tried tightening it to the suit ?

Are you diving with the valve wide open? Try closing it a few clicks; what you're experiencing isn't uncommon if the valve is wide open

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Check on the valve, I can't remember if DUI uses Apeks or Si Tech. The initial runs of low profile Apeks valves were a bit leaky wide open but they have since been fixed. I'd take the valve off, make sure the suit underneath it is fine, potentially flush it with water to make sure there is no grit inside the valve and try again.

I never liked the valve that came with my DUI and my friend always had a wet shoulder. We both switched to the Si Tech valves, one standard, and one of the hazmat valves which has an extra seal. They have both worked perfectly. The orignal valve from DUI was bonded to the suit with silicone sealant which meant breaking to get it off.

Valve replacement should not be needed. Reseat and service the valve. Diving with an open valve should not be a problem.

Some manufacturers sometimes put the valves on a seam and that could warp the valve *just enough* to cause a problem after a while... Is your valve on a seam?

I will try a couples clicks closed
That ought to be about right.

Don't forget to let us know if it helped :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom