Loose boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
Did a test dive of my crushed neoprene xcd2 drysuit with attached regular neoprene boots and they worked OK as in they kept me dry but they were too lose under water. My question is: should I just try to always keep air in the boots and add ankle weights or should I swap them out for smaller boots (I'm doing all the alterations myself so it's no big deal). Only issue is my feet tend to be wide and short so I might be risking slight cramping with the next size down... Thoughts?

you should be wearing some sort of overboot, those neoprene socks aren't supposed to be the main boot. Most will have some sort of traction pad on them but that isn't to replace an overboot

Tbone- they are bare outer boots. Not the socks. Complete with actual rubber sole and fin keepers.

Hatul- thanks for bringing up the other issue I forgot to list. The boots do feel disconnected from my feet while finning and I do feel a loss of fine control. I can try a set of neoprene socks inside but I think the botany issue will still be there. Also, my feet might get really hot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom