Tips for "sliding" feet into a drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a DUI FLX Extreme and I am very happy with it. The one nagging problem is that my feet "snag" when I put the suit on a I have to wrestle the neoprene socks over my feet. Does anyone have any tips to make my feet "slide" easier into the neoprene socks of the drysuit. I am using the DUI XM450 socks.

Old navy diver secret......panty hose....[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think slipperier socks is one good choice. I have a Santi with a similar setup, and that did it for me.

The early White's Fusions had a similar problem in that they cut the shape of the ankle area too tight. A common solution to that was to spray the area occasionally with a marine lubricant called Sailkote. I used it, and it worked great.

Female nylon leggings/pantyhose

Very thin sports socks, usually they are black in color. If that fails, then nylon socks will do.

I have a friend who always used plastic shopping bags over her feet to slip into a wetsuit. I'm sure it is just as easy in a drysuit.

There is a difference. When you push the plastic bag through a wet suit leg, you then take it off to use on the other leg. Then when you are done with the other leg, you set it aside in your gear bag for the next time you dive.

With a dry suit, the bag would have to stay on the foot for the dive.

I have that problem. The tape used inside the neoprene socks is too sticky! I thought that by now suit makers would have noticed that problem...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom