Avoiding neck seal "roll-up"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone have any tricks for donning a drysuit without the latex neck seal rolling over itself. I am really trying to be more self sufficient and not relying on my sons so much for help getting dressed but one of them always has to roll my neck seal up to get rid of the folds (so it doesn't leak). Would lubing it with KY or talc help?

I used to use talc...worked ok.

I do the same as Tom, I talc the seal and my neck and have only minor issues to unfold. That being said I think it's just something to practice doing your own way. Loads of people here on SB also use lubricants of various types and seem to have great success. Just make sure it's a product safe for the types of seals you are using.

Never used anything except a buddy.

Once I pulled it on, I would keep pulling it down as much as I could. I then have my buddy push it down more. They also unroll it and make sure it doesn't roll back up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom