Everflex 5mm..."first" water coldness penetrating through the butt fabric...is it ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaronad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My new Scubapro Everflex 5mm is a great flex suit, realy!
The only weird thing is when I enter the water...I feel the "first water coldness"
penetrating through the butt fabric .....?
:)

Is it supposed to be like that ?
and do you know why ?

THX

does it fit?

No? then you will feel cold water coming in.

Marketing BS does not overrule the laws of physics.

does it fit?

No? then you will feel cold water coming in.

Marketing BS does not overrule the laws of physics.

???
Sorry I don't understand your response...

I didn't say it doesn't fit....it fits 100%!
I didn't say water is penetrating trough the neck / sleeve / legs .......the suit has great sealing

I feel the "first water coldness" = only in the moment I enter the water...through the butt fabric
(and not the through the legs neck etc.)

Actually all is reversed here ... :)
at my old suit this "butt area" was 100 sealed :)
and the water did penetrate trough the "common way" through the neck legs etc.

Any one with everflex ? with the same "Phenomenon" :)

Is it supposed to be like that ?
and do you know why ?

I have an EverFlex 3/2. I don't usually notice any water coming in at all until I've been in the water for at least a copupe of minutes. And then it's usually at the neck.

Your description definitely makes me wonder if your suit has a defect that is letting it leak in the butt area. Or maybe right at the bottom of the zipper. Or maybe your body shape is such that the suit is slightly away from your skin right at the base of the zipper? I think that would tend to let water in and flush it around in the suit.

I have an EverFlex 3/2. I don't usually notice any water coming in at all until I've been in the water for at least a copupe of minutes. And then it's usually at the neck.

Your description definitely makes me wonder if your suit has a defect that is letting it leak in the butt area. Or maybe right at the bottom of the zipper. Or maybe your body shape is such that the suit is slightly away from your skin right at the base of the zipper? I think that would tend to let water in and flush it around in the suit.

My wetsuit is the new model of the EverFlex 5/4. 2014
it is very strange....because it is not an HOLE / LeaKing effect....and there are no holes etc.
it is more like sinking...through the padded butt fabric? ....slowly
And I feel just a bit cold, like 4/10 lvl
:)

After 2 min I don't feel the water any more .
and I also don't feel any water coming in from the neck or legs later

I was thinking that it is like " ment to be" ? to let me get use to the water at an early stage? on a better place of the buddy ( than the back / chest)
The butt fabric feels more like a thick padded fabric - then a neofren

But I'm not sure....

Everything I can find on that suit says it's 100% neoprene - which is exactly what I would expect. I HIGHLY doubt that it's supposed to let water "sink in" anywhere.

If water is getting into the butt area as soon as you get in, I would guess it's coming in at the base of the zipper and then flowing down to your butt. You could probably put some Aquaseal on the inside of the suit on the zipper material and any seams around it and that would help. Get the low viscosity type and let it soak into the zipper material to keep water from leaching right through the zipper. I've done this before on a Gore-Tex motorcycling suit that was letting water in around the main zipper and it worked very well.

If water is not actually getting in and it's just that the feeling of cold is noticed in the butt area before anywhere else, then I'd just have to guess you have a extra sensitive posterior.

Everything I can find on that suit says it's 100% neoprene - which is exactly what I would expect. I HIGHLY doubt that it's supposed to let water "sink in" anywhere.

If water is getting into the butt area as soon as you get in, I would guess it's coming in at the base of the zipper and then flowing down to your butt. You could probably put some Aquaseal on the inside of the suit on the zipper material and any seams around it and that would help. Get the low viscosity type and let it soak into the zipper material to keep water from leaching right through the zipper. I've done this before on a Gore-Tex motorcycling suit that was letting water in around the main zipper and it worked very well.

If water is not actually getting in and it's just that the feeling of cold is noticed in the butt area before anywhere else, then I'd just have to guess you have a extra sensitive posterior.

THX for the advise
I used some BlackWitch around the suspicious places and the bottom side of the zipper .....hopefully that will help
I'll check it this weekend and report :)

Back
Top Bottom