Can anyone make this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WeRtheOcean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
DSCF0627.jpgSome time ago, i posted looking for the manufacturer of a type of wetsuit that was like a thong attached to leggings. Since there was no reply, I presume nobody knew of any such manufacturer. So, I went to my drawing board and tried to reconstruct what I recalled seeing on that now-lost website, and this is what I came up with: this design looks like a thong worn over leggings, but it is all one piece, a full suit. Can anyone make this? I considered posting to the manufacturers Q&A forum, but all those subforums confused me.

There's a place in Fort Lauderdale that makes wet suits and skins, is called Wet Ware. I haven't seen anything like your model in their samples but they are very good about doing what the customer wants. you may want to check them out.

I bet what you saw is a beavertail wetsuit jacket worn over high waist pants. Depending on the models it looks like that.

I've seen some similar looking suits. On the Surf Channel - on women surfers.

They're often long sleeved but I don't recall seeing any that exactly look like a thong - many have the continuing color band from the arm down the sides of the body/pants.

Google it, there's a bunch of them.

I bet what you saw is a beavertail wetsuit jacket worn over high waist pants. Depending on the models it looks like that.

Nope, not what i saw. I know what those look like -- in fact, I have a beavertail top. Besides, the website I remember specifically said it was all one piece -- I thought I emphasized hat point, but maybe not enough. They said that the thong-attached-to-leggings design allows for freer leg movement than any of the standard wetsuits.

danvolker: The particular page you linked to does not exist, but I searched freediving wetsuits images. Those do look closer, but still they are a modification of the beavertail. Still not one piece. That seems to be confusing the respondents so far -- everyone is replying as if this is a two-piece. I tried to make it clear with the yellow patches that this is all one piece, as the lost website said.

Guess I'll check with this Wet Ware and see if they can help.

How is it "one piece" and "thong worn over legging" at the same time?

Very, very carefully........

How is it "one piece" and "thong worn over legging" at the same time?
If you had read carefully, you would see I said it "looks like" a thong worn over leggings. Key words were "looks like." You would also see that I quoted the website as saying it is built like a thong attached to leggings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom