Any opinions on the BARE step in Jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't suffer from cold at least not after one hour at 26*C, but I do like to have my arms protected I don't mean from cold but from gelly fish or other things that can sting, like fire worms when I'm sitting down on the sand making my safety stop if I'm not swiming it.

I dive with just swiming/surf trunks and a 1.5 or 1mm Hoody, no sleves shirt form Aqualung.

I truly don't like wetsuits they are annoying to put on, I do have a little wider shoulders and to close the zipper on the back it is a "can't do" situation and always needed help the times I had use a full or shorty wetsuit.

I like to be able of doning my self a wetsuit, looking at something that had a front zippers I found the BARE 3mm step in jacket with long sleeves and a long zipper on the front, just like I wanted, I guess doning the wetsuit have to be easy or for sure I will be able to do it my self at least.

any of you had experience with this wetsuit, what about the quality of BARE wetsuits ??, to me all wetsuits look very similar

I'm a little afraid of the long zipper not lasting long enough, or is it not to worry about.

Thanks for your inputs.

I own two Bare drysuits...
Bare has the worst customer service of any company in any industry that I've ever had to deal with. And I say this as a Bare Retailer Consider anything else, because ever since Huish Outdoors (the company that owns Bare) started buying dive equipment companies, customer service has tanked at an unbelievable rate.

I don't suffer from cold at least not after one hour at 26*C, but I do like to have my arms protected I don't mean from cold but from gelly fish or other things that can sting, like fire worms when I'm sitting down on the sand making my safety stop if I'm not swiming it.

I dive with just swiming/surf trunks and a 1.5 or 1mm Hoody, no sleves shirt form Aqualung.

I truly don't like wetsuits they are annoying to put on, I do have a little wider shoulders and to close the zipper on the back it is a "can't do" situation and always needed help the times I had use a full or shorty wetsuit.

I like to be able of doning my self a wetsuit, looking at something that had a front zippers I found the BARE 3mm step in jacket with long sleeves and a long zipper on the front, just like I wanted, I guess doning the wetsuit have to be easy or for sure I will be able to do it my self at least.

any of you had experience with this wetsuit, what about the quality of BARE wetsuits ??, to me all wetsuits look very similar

I'm a little afraid of the long zipper not lasting long enough, or is it not to worry about.

Thanks for your inputs.

I own two Bare drysuits...
Bare has the worst customer service of any company in any industry that I've ever had to deal with. And I say this as a Bare Retailer Consider anything else, because ever since Huish Outdoors (the company that owns Bare) started buying dive equipment companies, customer service has tanked at an unbelievable rate.

I don't have that suit but I do have two other Bare wetsuits, the 3/2 and the 5/4. Obviously I like them or would not own two. The neck band is rather flimsy and did rip on the 3/2 after about 20 dives. Called up Huish. No questions asked. Sent in and repaired and back to me in less than 3 weeks. The new band was more heavy duty. Doing well so far with about 40 dives since then.

I have a 5mm Bare wetsuit. Kind of tricky back zipper, need help to get it on or off, but otherwise fine. Now my drysuit, that's a different case....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom