Finally found a 3mm drysuit hood!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I finally found & bought myself a 3mm 4th Element drysuit hood. I have been looking for a 3mm hood high & low for a couple of years for one of these & now I have one! Why would anyone want a 3mm hood with a drysuit???:confused: Well,... when I am cave diving, a 5 mm is a bit too much & too confining (IMO) & a beanie exposes my neck to the 72 degree water causing a rapid cooling effect:cold:. The hood fits snug around my face, preventing the buildup of exhaust bubbles under the hood & is not choking around the neck (a sensation I can not stand). This gives me the best of all worlds.:blinking:

I love the fact that you find the 5mm hood too confining...when you are in a cave!!!

So cool.

I love the fact that you find the 5mm hood too confining...when you are in a cave!!!

So cool.

Around the throat. Most of the caves I dive are of decent size (a few restrictions,... but not very much). I will wear a 5mm for cold water diving, but it is a necessary evil.

Back
Top Bottom