drysuit zipper replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poohbear1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, looks like the zipper on my clx is due:depressed: anyone ever change one on theyre own? How tuff is it? Or should just i send it, and if so where?
THANKS

I don't know about self replacement, it's beyond my knowledge and skill. I would recommend DRIS as a possible place for repair. They have worked on my suit and did a very good job.

Gamble Scuba

They repair zippers and are considered a DUI repair facility, I believe.

I'm going against what everyone says here, but it is possible to diy. It all depends on your desire to get it done, Willingness to do it again if it's not right and comfort level with solvent glues. I did mine with a tizip and glue from DRIS, some methanol and sandpaper. Oh and some aqua seal.

But if you don't trust yourself, both DRIS and gamble have great reputations for repairs. It might also be worth checking with your LDS if they would do it in house. You might be able to learn a lot about it is they have a good repair technician.

There are many dive shops that CAN do it inhouse, but how many do they do? If I were having someone else do a zipper replacement (and I would) I would want someone who does that sort of thing all day, every day.

I use Ocean Edge Outfitters in NJ.

Drysuit Service Center

They've replaced zippers on both of my DUI suits (TiZip) with fast turnaround and a perfect job done.

[FONT=ProximaNova-Regular !important]
[/FONT]

Try - Divers Cover in Essex Ct. Divers Cove | Full Service Scuba Equipment & Repair Shop . My friend had his zipper changed on Dui suit for 1/2 what he would have paid DUI.
This is not a do-it-yourself project, unlike writst & neck seals.
They were also the authorized repair facility for the now defunct drysuit company Diving Concepts --they can still support and are familiar with zipper replacement, pocket & boots attachment and comprehensive leak check on those suits. I also recommend Divers Cove, being in a region around poohbear1's location above. . .

(Kind of ironic for a drysuit that was made & sourced here on the West Coast, to have repairs now done by a dive shop all the way in the North East; they do a good job though and well worth the month-and-a-half turnaround time).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom