2 mm vs 7 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
just curious ..
2 mm compressed neoprene drysuits vs 6 or 7 mm uncompressed drysuits
to those that have owned and dove in both...
how much lead did you actually drop or add going from one to the other, using the same setup.
thanks

you're asking the wrong question....

For the same diving conditions, amount of lead would have been about the same at the surface as you need a certain amount of air to insulate you. The difference is that the uncompressed suit will compress at depth whereas the 2mm crushed will be the same. I wouldn't bother with a noncompressed suit personally, but to each his own.

Ok thanks, i just assumed the 6 / 7 mm would require more weight
so the 6 / 7 mm would require thinner undergarments at the surface thus less weight

no, it will require less undergarments at the surface, but the same ish amount of weight because the buoyancy is still there from the suit. The compressed neoprene will be more durable and more predictable at depth so most divers I know choose crushed/compressed neoprene for their suits.

Back
Top Bottom