Drysuit bag recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recommendations for a drysuit bag? I would need it to carry the drysuit, undergarments, and small accessories like wax. Most I see have just one big compartment, but I would think you'd want to keep the wet drysuit and the dry undergarments separate. I'd have to be carrying this on public transportation.

Thanks.

The XS Scuba BG230 Drysuit Duffel bag is perfect for that. It has two separate compartments designed specifically for that. They cost $89.95. If you would like to get one ordered I would be happy to help.

• [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"Over-Under" compartment design[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Top section for the undergarments[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bottom section for the drysuit[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Waterproof divider to keep undergarments dry[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Interior accessory mesh pocket in top section[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sturdy wrap-around nylon straps[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Padded Velcro® carry handle[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Rugged #10 YKK zipper[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Adjustable, padded shoulder strap[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Top dimensions: 20" x 10" x 5"[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bottom dimensions: 20" x 10" x 9"[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Color: Black[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Weight: 3.8 Pounds[/FONT]

Any recommendations for a drysuit bag? I would need it to carry the drysuit, undergarments, and small accessories like wax. Most I see have just one big compartment, but I would think you'd want to keep the wet drysuit and the dry undergarments separate. I'd have to be carrying this on public transportation.

Thanks.

When do you plan to be carrying a wet suit... and dry undergarments?

:cool2:

Why does anyone buy a "dive" specific bag for anything? There are almost always better and/or less expensive options out there if you eliminate "dive specific brand" as a purchase criteria.

I've carried two different DUI drysuits - and various undergarments, socks, zip seals, wax, etc - all over the world in the past ten years on almost a thousand dives in nearly two dozen countries. I use a cordura duffle bag that I got for free from a drug company twelve years ago. It's actually a nice Ogio brand bag, similar to this one... which goes for $30-40 online.

710CvFCN2uL._SY355_.jpg

I think he's thinking about putting everything in post-dive as it seems like he'll be taking public transportation to/from dive sites/docks.

OP- I had an OSS bag that had a "separate" little divider/compartment so I could keep the drysuit and undergarments separate but the bag would still get wet all over. Eventually I figured it was best just to throw the drysuit in a black garbage bag and stuff that with undergarments in the smallest duffle that would fit it all until I could get home to rinse off the suit and then hang to dry.

Reactions: RJP
Thanks for all the replies. phishphood is correct. I would need taking my stuff on the subway to and from diving. And post-dive, keeping the wet and dry stuff separate.

ScubaToys: Thanks. That bag looks nice. Even with the measurements, I'm having trouble imagining real-world use. Could one section take a folded up drysuit, and the other two Fourth Elements mesh bags, or at least the two undergarments without their mesh bags (one SubX salopette and the other an Ozone jacket)? None of that stuff compresses down that much, and the specs on that bag don't make it sound big enough.

Depending on the size of the undergarments and the suit they should fit. The bag isn't a huge bag by any means but with proper folding it could be done possibly but it would be tight I would imagine.

After both my DUI bags died, I use the XS Scuba mesh duffel/ roller bag. It carries both my suits (the mesh allows them to dry) properly folded, boots, hoods, gloves, socks, extra seals & such. Only wish it had a rigid bottom, but have made it work.

Back
Top Bottom