OK to use drysuit without lp hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebelmarine62

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just got a drysuit of eBay and it didn't come with lp hose I have one on order. I would like to try the suit out in a 6 ft pool. Will doing this without the lp hose hurt the valve on the suit?

just use the inflator hose from your wing and orally inflate your wing. Suit won't care if it's 6 or 60, but you will

Reactions: RJP
the inflation valve on the DS is closed and not problem to be exposed to water unless you push the inflate button then you open the valve and will allow water in the valve and the suit. which is not a problem if you rinse the valve after. If you are in a pool make sure that you soak the suit in fresh water to get all of the chlorine out. I just checked a seal repair last night with a jump in the ocean with the DS on only no problem. I rinse the suit all the time with out a inflation hose . Depending on your cleaning up set up I will just wear the suit into the shower and take a nice hot shower or rinse it off in a tub of fresh water while holding the neck and wrist seals closed to keep water out of the suit. The only reason to keep water out is to speed the drying process.
Herb

I now it won't hurt the suit Ithe valve not hooked to anything is what I'm worried about....cup ? I don't get it?.....bc hose won't fit And I don't think I will have a problem with suit squeeze at 6 ft Or will I ?

Ouch...

---------- Post added April 24th, 2015 at 12:39 PM ----------

I now it won't hurt the suit Ithe valve not hooked to anything is what I'm worried about....cup ? I don't get it?.....bc hose won't fit And I don't think I will have a problem with suit squeeze at 6 ft Or will I ?

the first and most painful place you feel squeeze is your man bits, hence the recommendation for a cup.

Sounds good thank u I'll try it out!!

---------- Post added April 24th, 2015 at 01:41 PM ----------

Lol there made of brass I'm good lol

Ouch. Just...no. Don't do it. The whole point in the pool is to manage how to use the suit - because its basically a giant balloon around you. If the BCD hose wont fit, and I don't know any that would reach that far - or have the correct fitting - I'd just wait till the drysuit hose is on your first stage and do it properly.

correct fitting? all of my BC and drysuit hoses are interchangeable except for a few specific drysuit hoses that won't fit because they have a big flare on the end and the inflator gets in the way. The nipples on the suit and the wings are the same unless you have a bc with a non-standard fitting.

No point in getting in the pool without an inflator, isn't going to do you any good unless you are just verifying the suit doesn't leak

Back
Top Bottom