Santi Drysuit storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASA400

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys! I just got my new Santi e-motion dry suit. I've got a question about storage between dives. Is it okay to leave it rolled up in the bag it came in or should I find a place to hang it up? I really don't have room in the house to hang it anywhere due to it's really long length, it's about 7 feet long when the suit is fully extended, but I can probably find a place if really necessary.

FYI--I not allowed to post a thread on the manufacturers' forums, does anyone know why?

as long as it is fully dry it can be left in the bag if it has to, but make sure you are keeping it out of the garage and away from refrigerators and any other ozone producing devices. Nothing special about the Santi suits regarding storage, so all the standard protocols for drysuit storage apply

Yes, I noticed they shut their forum in March last year I think, I enquired as to why but never got an answer, who knows.

I keep mine mine rolled up in its bag when in storage, careful not the fold the boots. I also as per Santis recommendation leave zip closed. Two years, so far all's well.

---------- Post added May 26th, 2015 at 12:08 PM ----------

Ti-Zip.

I'll echo the above, make sure it's bone dry, roll it up and store in the bag in a temperature controlled room. A little powder on the seals won't hurt either.

This is from the Santi manual
Storage of the drysuit
Warning!Do not store the dry suit close to electric motors or other equipment producing ozone.
Time limited for storage
Between diving sessions the suit should be clean, dry and hung in an open position on a widecoat hanger. It is important that the dry suit is not stored folded or rolled, which may lead tolong term deformation and a breakdown in the structure of the material. The place of storageshould be distant from intensive sun light, chemicals, open fire and also heating devices andelectrical equipment which produce ozone. These factors are liable to influence life and coloursof the suit.In such condition the dry suit is not limited by the maximum shelf-life. During long periods ofstorage it is necessary to check twice a year whether some traces of damage are not beginningto show (seams, fastenings, material etc.). It is necessary in appropriate cases to ventilate or tochange the storage environment.
http://santidiving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Manual_EN_druk-10_2012.pdf

That's great if you have a closet which has a rail 6ft high. I live in a small apartment where space is very limited. Hmm guess I'll have to re think it. I contacted them re zip and they told me to store the suit with zip fully closed.

How are you other Santi owners storing your suits? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom