Semi dry sizing: SolaFX, Scubapro Everflex 7/5, Bare Velocity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Apparently I'm straddling the S and M sizes of the SolaFX. I'm 5'7” @ 160lbs (ish). When I'm back at the gym I get down to 150lbs. The M height range is 5'8" on the low side but the S is at 145lbs on the high side. Anyone have any thoughts on which end would actually work?

I tried on a Scubapro Everflex 7/5 M and it basically fit but could budge the zipper even with a helper. (I should try with my skin instead if a T-shirt.)

I might be able to get either at a comparable price but the SolaFX has a lot of good reviews down to about 75'.

I was also looking at the Bare Velocity, which seems like I'd be an mshort.

Halp??

I would not be too concerned about the height range in the size charts as that's the parameter that is the most forgiving. The chest size and weight range are far more important. I'm 5'8" and have had no problems with the length of a ML or L wetsuit. With the height and weight range you listed I would suggest that you not consider the small. Also if you have thicker than average arms you really need to try on the particular brand to find the size that works as some will need to size above the chest and weight range given in the charts to find a wetsuit that fits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom