Dry glove Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarviz

Registered
Reaction score
I was checking out dry gloves yesterday at my LDS, the blue ones with the locking ring that fastens to your dry suit sleeve.
I was wondering if those attached rings become annoying in the summer when I'll probably be using regular gloves.

Jarviz:
I was checking out dry gloves yesterday at my LDS, the blue ones with the locking ring that fastens to your dry suit sleeve.
I was wondering if those attached rings become annoying in the summer when I'll probably be using regular gloves.

Too right they do, they also make it harder to slip your arms out of the harness.
l got the ring system on my drysuit eight years ago and regretted it ever sice, the only benefit is that l can change cuff seals on the boat.
And they get it the way if you want a computer and arm slate.

A lot of the dry glove systems are not permanantly fixed to your suit. You can take the rings off completely and dive with wet gloves when the conditions warrant it. While I agree with diving dude that it does make it slightly more difficult to get your arms out of the harness (but not unmanageable), the rings do not get in the way of my computer or any other accesories on my wrists.

Frank

The rings I use are slipped inside the seal while it is inside out and are secured with a heavy O-ring. They are consequentrly removeable during the summer season by turning the sleave inside out and removing the o-ring from the groove in the ring.

This avoids the problem of having the ring in the way of the cuff of a neoprene glove.

I'm using skaana, totally removable. would probably only take 5 mins or so.

I should mention I don't intend to remove them though as I dive in cold water year round.

Are yours the OS Systems Dry Gloves with those type rings?

DA Aquamaster:
The rings I use are slipped inside the seal while it is inside out and are secured with a heavy O-ring. They are consequentrly removeable during the summer season by turning the sleave inside out and removing the o-ring from the groove in the ring.

This avoids the problem of having the ring in the way of the cuff of a neoprene glove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom