How is the BARE CD4 Pro Dry Suit? Anyone own one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybordolphin

Reaction score
Not sure about getting a Neoprine or Trilam type suit.

Wondering about the BARE CD4 with soft boot upgrade. It looks like a nice suit..... but..?

Anyone own one that can comment? The price is right $729.00?? ... :)

Thanks.

I have a Bare wetsuit and it's nice but don't own a Bare dry suit. The CD4 is made of 4mil. compressed neoprene. 4 mil. is not the thinest of compressed neoprene suits(2 mil. is the thinest I have seen) and you will still suffer from a good deal of excess bouyancy. A thicker neoprene suit will provide more insulation- this is good in very cold water but unwanted when the water turns warmer. With a 4 mil. compressed neoprene suit you will experience compression and loss of inherent insulation with depth. This change will not be as much as a 7mil. suit but I think it will be noticable.

While fit is not as important as it is in a wet suit it's still very important in a dry suit. If you can get a suit that fits you off the rack then you will save some money-sometimes a lot. If you have an odd sized body then you will need a custom suit. Not only check suit material but also the sizing of the suit by the manufacturer.

There seems to be more of trend to shell suits(AKA trilam or membrane). They are very versatile with regards to water temp. and can be made out of many different types of material. I like the idea of Cordura. This material is almost indestructible and is very flexible, however it has ZERO elasticity.

I belive the Bare top of the line suit is made out of 2 mil. compressed neoprene.

Bare's are nice suits. It looks like a good deal if it fits well and you accept both the limitations and advantages of a 4mil. neoprene dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom