viking or aquala drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duude1095

Reaction score
Anyone here own a viking or aquala sports drysuit? If so lemme know how you like them...

duude1095:
Anyone here own a viking or aquala sports drysuit? If so lemme know how you like them...

I have a Viking Sport, a great suit - easy to clean, pretty durable. I would highly recommend a Viking, though the sport model that they make now - the Xtreme is a tri-lam and is ok, I prefer the vulcanized rubber suit like mine. The Vikings are pretty popular around here - saw a class in the quarry a few weeks ago and they all had Vikings on.

I've only seen Aquala in pics, never seen a diver with one. I think they are pretty rare.

duude1095:

I have a Viking Sport, a great suit - easy to clean, pretty durable. I would highly recommend a Viking, though the sport model that they make now - the Xtreme is a tri-lam and is ok, I prefer the vulcanized rubber suit like mine. The Vikings are pretty popular around here - saw a class in the quarry a few weeks ago and they all had Vikings on.

I've only seen Aquala in pics, never seen a diver with one. I think they are pretty rare.

duude1095:
I have both (let's not get into why I have too many dry suits!)

Vikings are very tough, long-lasting drysuits. But they are pricey, and come in limited sizing. In theory you can customize leg and arm length, but in practice I've never found anybody willing or able to order one customized for me. The material in most Vikings is not stretchy.

The Aqualas (at least the sport suit) are thinner, but more flexible and custom cuts are available. I have found the owner to be flexible and courteous to deal with. My Aquala makes a pretty good regular sport dry diving suit. It is custom cut with long enough legs to allow me to swim easily, and is very comfortable in the water.

But for more demanding cave or wreck dives, I'd probably rather use the Viking. Vikings are generally cut large enough to wear a lot of underwear.

The Aquala owner does business on ebay, and has several suits listed there now. Just search for "aquala".

Take care,
BD

I have the Viking Extreme. I like it for the diving I do. It is a tri-lam so weigh the pros and cons to the diving you are going to do. Personally I like the lightweight of the Extreme. One thing I did not like with Viking was the order time. I needed larger boots than stock and it took months to get the suit.
Tim

duude1095:

I've been diving for 32 years.
I'm on my 2nd viking.
My first was a Viking Pro 1000, I had 800 dives on it, replaced the zipper and sold it for $400 (still dry by the way)
My current suit is a Viking HD (heavier material 1500gms/sq meter)
I have about 250 dives on it .

They are very tough and durable, and expensive.
I recommend them, if you want a tough shell suit.

Mike D

Back
Top Bottom