Is it okay to wear a dry hood with a full wetsuit? (+)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

curiousgeorgie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This may sound stupid but would I look ridiculous wearing a dry hood such as Hendersons Arctic hood with a full wetsuit? I want to be able to just slip the hood on at the last minute before entering the water in moderate water temps (60s-70s). I hate those suits with attached hoods and am not crazy about the hoods with bibs.

I love the dry hood that came with my Bare Nex-Gen. The Scubapro hooded vest I have is so damn constricting. It pisses me off just ot put it on. So when I went to Hatteras in April I wore my dry hood with my wetsuit. I will be bringing it with me to Morehead at the end of the month (although i may not need it).

I doubt I will wear my scubapro hooded vest again

curiousgeorgie:
This may sound stupid but would I look ridiculous wearing a dry hood such as Hendersons Arctic hood with a full wetsuit? I want to be able to just slip the hood on at the last minute before entering the water in moderate water temps (60s-70s). I hate those suits with attached hoods and am not crazy about the hoods with bibs.

I'd go for it...

Seems to me that which hood type you wear has everything to do with:

First and foremost - will it provide you with the exposure protection you require for the water in which you are going to dive under the planned dive conditions.

Is it comfortable, close-fitting and convenient? (something that you are keen to achieve with the adoption of a drysuit style hood)

If you crack those two issues - and unless someone can come up with a good reason not to do as you propose - GO FOR IT!

If you like the hood and it does its job, wear it.

As long as you dont break rule #3

Those are great hoods, why not?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom