Front or back zipper on a 3mm jumpsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bllawol

New
Reaction score
I need to buy a 3mm suit to use on dives in St. Lucia. I dont have any experence with a front zip suit all I ever use is back zip. My question is what are the pros & cons of a front zip suit and is there any real reason not to buy one? I have found some good deals on front zip but not sure what way to go since I have no experence with them.
Thanks for your time.

Go with the back zipper - I have found no way to get out of my front zipper suit without help. With the back zipper you can unzipper it and peel out - not with a front zip one.

By the way welcome to the Board. Great place to spend some free time.

Let us know what St Lucia is like - I might be headed there next summer.

Becky

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

I've never seen a front zip jump suit, and I own a 1, 3, 5, and a 7 mil. You'll see front zips on the overjacket of a farmer john 2 piece, but I've never cared for those. Their owners are inclined to wear just the overjacket in warmer water, exposing the legs to injury and infection. For more on that, though, we have a forum just on Exposure Protection?

When are you going to St.Lucia? I've dived St.Kitts just north of there in the winter, and only used my1 mil, but - I had my 3 mil with me, just in case. Also check our our Carrribean forum.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don :sgrin:

Hello,

I'd go for the backzipper, it's easier than a frontzipper.

BTW, welcome to the board.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

I find that the back zipper works better. My first 2 wetsuits had front zippers, but my current Henderson has a back zip, and it's much easier to get into.

My Bare Alpine 7mm hooded-fullsuit has a front zipper (running diagonally to the right commissure of my mouth). It's a great suit, but you'll have a brutal time getting out of one without help (dislocating your shoulders may help). Survey says....go with a back zipper.

Sean

sprange:
My Bare Alpine 7mm hooded-fullsuit has a front zipper (running diagonally to the right commissure of my mouth). It's a great suit, but you'll have a brutal time getting out of one without help (dislocating your shoulders may help). Survey says....go with a back zipper.

Sean

Getting out of that suit isn't any fun unless you have a helping hand. Other than that its a great suit

Huge help... I was thinking that it would be easier off and on but it seems that is not the case. Thanks, this is the best scuba board!

If you want to get the Henderson microprene, get the one a scuba.com with the back zip. It's a lot easier to get out of than the front zip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom