cleaning dry suite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

capelli

Reaction score
i have a tri lam dry suite and am wondering what you all were using to clean the in side and out

derrick

Wear it inside out and stand in the shower...........

Follow manufacturer's directions.

A fresh water dive should not require exterior cleaning, unless the water was fetid. I'd only clean the inside if I wet myself--just hang it inside out for a few days to thoroughly dry and air out.

On the rare occasion that I do clean, I wet it down with a mild soapy solution and then wear it in the shower for rinse.

theskull

capelli:
i have a tri lam dry suite and am wondering what you all were using to clean the in side and out

derrick

Mild soapy water or shampoo works good. then just hang it up and rinse it in fresh water,then leave it to dry and turn it right side out again.

If I didn't wash my drysuit periodically, I wouldn't be able to stand being near myself. Yuck.:11:

I gently wash the suit with a mild detergent, rinse a couple of times, follow with a soak in BC Life and another couple of long rinse sessions. It's important to rinse all the detergent out if you're diving with thermals on - detergent can dramatically reduce the hydrophobic qualities of many kinds of underwear. Hang it inside out until dry (if it doesn't dry in a few hours, put a fan on it), then reverse and let it finish drying before storing. Less stink means more friends and not having to do your surface interval hanging over the downwind side of the boat makes for better diving. Don't forget to take a toothbrush to the zipper teeth periodically to clear out any grit and excess wax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom