what's the best dry glove system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've recently become disenchanted with my dryglove system. First, leaks appeared in the latex seal of my gloves, and now I've discovered a broken ring on the suit. Just wonderding what you all consider the best dry glove system (for cold water diving).

Paco:
I've recently become disenchanted with my dryglove system. First, leaks appeared in the latex seal of my gloves, and now I've discovered a broken ring on the suit. Just wonderding what you all consider the best dry glove system (for cold water diving).

No question, Diving Concepts Ring Glove system. Excellent product!

What kind of drygloves are using right now so i dont buy a set? I will probably stay with Diving Concepts w/smurf gloves again when i buy a set for my new drysuit when it arrives. They worked great on my last suit with no problems.

Thanks, I assueme OS Systems takes at least a second to them?

Paco:
Just wonderding what you all consider the best dry glove system (for cold water diving).
I would have to say.....
- The one that keeps your hands dry
- THe one that doesn't let water in your suit if the glove gets cut or leaks
- The one you find easiest to use
- User-friendly ease of replacement
- Removable liners for ease of de-stinkifying

I happen to have the DC rings with the blue smurf yellow fuzzy lined gloves. I need to fix 'em so they have an inside wrist seal. My next pair of replacement gloves will definitely have removable liners! I've also found it's imortant to periodically lube the O-ring for ease of donning/doffing. It's not user-friendly to put new gloves on the rings, but after doing it a couple times, it doesn't take as long.

lal7176:
What kind of drygloves are using right now so i dont buy a set? I will probably stay with Diving Concepts w/smurf gloves again when i buy a set for my new drysuit when it arrives. They worked great on my last suit with no problems.

I've use the OS Sytems dry glove system since less than a year ago. I went dry a bit before that and wanted warmer hands for ice diving. Well, when the latex seals of the gloves developed a leak in less than a year and probably less than 40 dives, I called OS and they weren't interested in helping unless I sent them the glove... but probably couldn't help me. So I moved the ring system on the glove beyond the leak area and still got wet on my next dive. Upon examination, I discoveded the ring on the suit sleeve was broken. So... I thought there must be a better system, and I will look into the Diving Concepts. Anyone know of Wisconsin dealers? I'm getting error messages frome DC find a dealer links.

Snowbear:
I would have to say.....
- The one that keeps your hands dry
- THe one that doesn't let water in your suit if the glove gets cut or leaks
- The one you find easiest to use
- User-friendly ease of replacement
- Removable liners for ease of de-stinkifying

I happen to have the DC rings with the blue smurf yellow fuzzy lined gloves. I need to fix 'em so they have an inside wrist seal. My next pair of replacement gloves will definitely have removable liners! I've also found it's imortant to periodically lube the O-ring for ease of donning/doffing. It's not user-friendly to put new gloves on the rings, but after doing it a couple times, it doesn't take as long.

Here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t78387-zip_seal_dc_ring_glove_marriagelook.html

Any Water Sports in San Jose is a top retailer for DC. If you don't mind waiting I'm sure they can hook you up. Ask for John Eagle.

(408) 244-4433

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom