Going from neoprene to shell drysuit, how much less weight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinoD'Voe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was diving a 7mm neoprene drysuit during training, and for the first time i'm trying out a nex-gen shell suit tomorrow.

In the 7mm, I found a 38lbs was a good weight, now how much less should I approximate for the shell?

TinoD'Voe:
I was diving a 7mm neoprene drysuit during training, and for the first time i'm trying out a nex-gen shell suit tomorrow.

In the 7mm, I found a 38lbs was a good weight, now how much less should I approximate for the shell?

I would suggest doing a buoyancy check to get the proper weighting. Don't forget to wear the undergarments you would normally use.

In fresh water I went from a 14# weightbelt + steel tank + 3# in ankle weights (5mm drysuit) to 8-10#s (depending on undergarments), + steel tank (DUI 350TLS trilam). OTOH, Pearce dropped from a 24# wt belt to my old 14#er going from a DUI 200CF to a DUI 350TLS trilam and his Dacor 90 alum tank. :confused:

Like I said, do the buoyancy check. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom