Hyperstretch...Superstretch...worth the cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba1968

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a tropical dive suit. Is the Henderson Hyperstretch or the Tilos Superstretch material really a better material? Do they justify the additional cost? :sharks:

Haven't heard of the Tilos but I love the Henderson Hyperstretch. Worth the extra money? YES! Especially if you have a 'hard to fit' body. The ease of donning and doffing and the fit are phenomenal.

Paula

For a "tropical suit" - i assume you mean a 1mm or skin, these are really thin and plyable, you dont really need the extra stretch. However when you start moving beyond a 3mm the extra stretch does seem to help with don/doffing. My buddy just bought a 5mm hyperstretch the other day and remarked upon its ease of don/doffing and the way it fit. If i were buying another thicker wetsuit i would probably pay the extra cash, but not until my current suit dies - by then i will have a drysuit anyway, so a moot point as if its not warm enough for 3mm i will just yank that DS on :wink:

BTW, i am sure like everything else the price will slowly come down as the newest, latest, greatest thing comes along, but its not a rediculous price right now anyway, just a little extra.

I find it well worth it (OK, found it well worth it as I don't use a 7mm anymore. I use my drysuit for anything beyond 3mm). When I am working with new students in the pool, you would be amazed at how many Hyperstrech suits we sell after trying to squeeze students into the two piece 7mm suits for their open water. :)

I love my Henderson Hyperstretch! I may have to buy a new one though since I have lost so much weight. :D

astrl

I think so. When I first started diving, finding a suit was very hard due to the fact I'm not built like Barbie. Their sizes for certain measurements were rediculous. I normally where a size 12 in clothes but they way the measurement charts use to read I would have to get an extra large. Well I finally found a company that made suits that were best suited for my measurements. Comp which used to be sold at Divers Direct and Tilos sold at Scuba.com. I love my Tilos 7mm, semi-dry titanium one piece and it is not a superstrech. My dive buddy loves his 7mm semi-dry titanium one piece superstretch with attached hood ($239.95) (without hood $199.95). I love my 3mm Tilos Superstretch ($139.95) and my 3mm Comp (not superstretch) wetsuits.

What more can I say. It was worth it to me and my dive buddy and a few more other friends of mine. My complaint lies in the fact they don't make enough colors for women.

Brown Mermaid :ircqnet:

scuba1968:
I am looking for a tropical dive suit. Is the Henderson Hyperstretch or the Tilos Superstretch material really a better material? Do they justify the additional cost? :sharks:

I wouldn't go with anything other than a Hyperstretch for a 7mm. Makes donning sooooo much easier. For a tropical suit . . . 3mm or less doesn't seem to require the extra stretchyness (or cost). 3 mil's are generally easier to get into than a 7 mil. My wife has a 3mm Hyperstretch, tho, and loves it. But once I get a drysuit, I'm sure the 7mm will mothball in the closet.

Back
Top Bottom