Semi-dry wetsuit help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoyden

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I got a 7mm dacor semi-dry suit (bought very cheap new on e-bay - it will suffice for a season or two of cold water diving before I pop for a dry suit). It seems to fit fine and isn't too hard to get into with a dive skin on underneath, but I can't figure out the trick to getting my arms and neck in - it has a front chest zipper like a dry suit. I get it on up to my chest, can get one arm in fine, but I just can't see how to get my neck in. It has a latex seal like a drysuit there. Any suggestions?

Jackie

Are you putting in one arm then trying to squeeze into the neck section?
I put both arms in then pull my hooded neck section into place with my 2 thumbs.

try both arms at the same time and pulling the neck seal over...just make sure you have some help in case you get stuck... :wink:

Bob3:
I got stuck in my new 3/8" 1-piece for over an hour, must've sweat off 10 lbs before I managed to hook the neck on a door knob & peel it down. :wink:

Muuaaaahahahahahaha...ahem...sorry Bob :eyebrow:

Bob3:
Yah, ditto both arms at a time, PLUS be sure to have help handy as ScubaFreak says.
I got stuck in my new 3/8" 1-piece for over an hour, must've sweat off 10 lbs before I managed to hook the neck on a door knob & peel it down. :wink:

Now I feel better about all of the pathetic struggles that I have been having with it. I'll wait until there is help around and try both arms at once.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom