wet suit for tall guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends - are you long in the leg or torso?
I have long legs and arms. I have the bare fullsuit Large/Tall which is a bit long in the body for me, legs & arms are ok. I'm 6'3" 180lb.

Im 6'4" 200 lbs and wear a LT Bare wetsuit and an XLT Bare drysuit.

The BAre will save you some $$ over the Henderson....

Boogie711:
Hey Larry - do you mean the XL Long? I'm not wetsuit shopping right now, but I'm also 6'4" 225.

Yea... ooops.. long, tall... you get it... Yes.. It's got an XLL in it...

nurse H2O:
where do they sell new wetsuits ,7mm, for a guy 6'4. (for my husband, not me)
I bought on e-bay a Large + Tall wetsuit; probably a 7mm, at least a 5mm. I need an XL, and was thinking about getting it re-sized, but havn't taken the time to do it. Now, I'm thinking I'd be better off with a drysuit. If your husband is interested send me an e-mail at bruscke@abax.com.
Mark

another vote for BARE. I'm 6'3" 230 and wear a BARE XLT (with a little arm and leg length to spare)

You can also check to see if the manufacturer will add another panel to the legs/arms if that is where you need the additional length. Being 6'9" 220, I fit in a BodyGlove XL nicely, except for the wrists and ankles. I sent it to BodyGlove and they removed the existing panels at the wrists and ankles, and installed ones that were 3" longer. Looking at the suit, you can't tell it was altered and it is still under full warranty.

Worth checking into if there is a suit from a particualr manufacturer that you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom