TriLam or Vulcanized Rubber (Viking Pro or Extreme)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yakivet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been looking at the Viking drysuits as well as other brands. Particularly the Viking Extreme (trilam) and the Viking Pro 1000 (rubber). I'd appreciate any input as to the differences between these two types of suits in durability, comfort and their associated diving "feel". Thanks in advance

I have an Extreme. I have not dove a Pro, but most of my friends do. Most have told me they will switch to the Extreme if they come to the point they need to replace their suit. Reason? Price & weight. I would say the Pro would be a better buy if you dive where snagging (wrecks) could be a factor.
Tim

Tim, Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards the Extreme but a friend has a Pro with very little use that he may want to sell. Ken

DiveTyme:
I have an Extreme. I have not dove a Pro, but most of my friends do. Most have told me they will switch to the Extreme if they come to the point they need to replace their suit. Reason? Price & weight. I would say the Pro would be a better buy if you dive where snagging (wrecks) could be a factor.
Tim

yakivet:
I've been looking at the Viking drysuits as well as other brands. Particularly the Viking Extreme (trilam) and the Viking Pro 1000 (rubber). I'd appreciate any input as to the differences between these two types of suits in durability, comfort and their associated diving "feel". Thanks in advance

Hi, hopefully you can try a few on before you decide...FWIW, I have had the Viking Pro, DUI CF 200, Diving Concepts crushed neoprene, and my newest-a Bare ATR HD. Out of all of them I'd say I like the new Bare ATR HD best because its well made, comfortable, fairly priced, and front entry. (I use my Viking thermals and booties) I also like the fact that the suit inflator whip is a regular LP inflator connection, not a "special" sort of fitting. The other thing I notice regarding my Bare suit is that it's not as "form fitting" and a little baggier than my past drysuits, I don't mind this and I have not had any problems with trapped air. Have fun on your suit search! :wink:

Poog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom