Customizing a wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have done some white water kayaking and some ocean kayaking as well. I have a basic short sleeve and short leg outfit. Well I realize that the bugger gets mighty cold sometimes and that I wouldn’t mind getting a suit that I could unzip the arms and legs for warm water and have them on for cold water. Is there such thing? I am also wondering if at all possible if there is paint out there that permanently adheres to the wetsuit material? When I went to marine world I saw the trainers with the Orcas. I loved their suits but can’t find anybody on the Internet that sells that suit. I Badly want a suit that looks dead on to the Orcas color and pattern. Where do I get such a suit?

yes, suits like you describe can be made and are made for divers with specific handicaps. try www.aquaflite.com

Thanks that site rocks! I can finally get the suit I have been looking for! :)

glad its what your looking for

take care

These guys will make custom suits and modify stock suits. I know someone who had JMJ add zippers to the arms and legs of a stock suit. Something like $15.00 per zipper as I remember. I saw the result and you can't tell it was an aftermarket add-on.
JMJ is local to me.There may be some place close by you if not you will have to work over the phone and mail packages.
http://www.jmjwetsuits.com/

VinceRaptor:
I have done some white water kayaking and some ocean kayaking as well. I have a basic short sleeve and short leg outfit. Well I realize that the bugger gets mighty cold sometimes and that I wouldn’t mind getting a suit that I could unzip the arms and legs for warm water and have them on for cold water. Is there such thing? I am also wondering if at all possible if there is paint out there that permanently adheres to the wetsuit material? When I went to marine world I saw the trainers with the Orcas. I loved their suits but can’t find anybody on the Internet that sells that suit. I Badly want a suit that looks dead on to the Orcas color and pattern. Where do I get such a suit?

Back
Top Bottom