Used Whites Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtrain01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was at a LDS this weekend for a sale. I found a used whites drysuit custom size and it fit me pretty good. My only problem is that there is no model written and I wanted to find out the price for a new one. If anyone can help me with at least a price range for custon bi-lams. Also, maybe some help determining the model by specific features. I'm just trying to make sure I didn't get screwed like some LDS's have been known to do. Any help is greatly appreciated

I think that i figured it was a catalyst. Anyone know what the msrp for the biggest size or a custom is?

$2000 for a custom bilam? That's more along the lines of a high price for a custom, all the bells and whistles DUI trilam or crushed neo, where MSRP on DUI custom trilams starts around $2000.

Don't pay more than $600 for a used bilam suit unless it fits you *exactly*, and even then don't spend more than $1000.. and that's if it's in *perfect* shape.

What do they want for it?

I got it for $600. It fits pretty good. I am 6'4"-6'5" so there isnt much that fits me in the height dept. This is my first drysuit and I don't want to overspend for the first one. Also I really don't have the money to overspend right now either. Eventually I would like and custom, perfect fitting dui or andys. Maybe next year or the year after. I tried a xxxl bare nex gen but that was still a little too short in the thigh and back when i sat or squated down. This one seems to be nicer quality and also has the flaps around the seals for more warmth.

jonnythan:
$2000 for a custom bilam? That's more along the lines of a high price for a custom, all the bells and whistles DUI trilam or crushed neo, where MSRP on DUI custom trilams starts around $2000.

Don't pay more than $600 for a used bilam suit unless it fits you *exactly*, and even then don't spend more than $1000.. and that's if it's in *perfect* shape.

What do they want for it?

Yep, they're expensive but they include all the dive wear, boots, footies, etc. I was lucky, I got intro an intro bargain and mine was just under $800.00 new. I like it almost as much as I like my 12 year old Viking.

I tried on some fleece undersuits and they seemed to stick to the rubbery inside. It did not stick to the bilam bare suit i tried on. Is there anything I can to to make it less sticky? Will the smooth texture on the non-fleece suits be any easier to wear?

It is possible to spread talc on the inside or would that be bad for the inside of the suit?

jtrain01:
It is possible to spread talc on the inside or would that be bad for the inside of the suit?
Use unscented talc. I actually use USP foot powder which has no scent or additives at all. It also works well for latex seals

BTW jonnythan the catalyst is not bilam, They call it quadflex and it is a 4 layer shell. The MSRP is about $2200 in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom