mask slap strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrdivagrl

Reaction score
hello all!

i recently purchased a trident neoprene soft strap for my mask, except it didnt come with directions and i have no clue how to put it on. i know this is stupid but any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

-anna

The shop that sold you the strap will put it on for you. Did you get the nylon band or velcro? I can't stand the velcro, but the nylon works great

When you go diving, someone in the vicinity will probably be wearing one... take a look. It's simple. Remove your current strap and then thread the slap-strap bands through the same way. The velcro will go from the shrap through the loop, then back outwards and "stick" to the fuzzy velcro on the inside of the back headband.

As they say "a picture is worth a thousand words" so here's 2000 worth :wink:

One difference is that I didn't like the velcro straps scratching my face, so I stitched 2 neoprene sleeves to fit over them and now it's much more comfortable....

Hope that helps

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
One difference is that I didn't like the velcro straps scratching my face, so I stitched 2 neoprene sleeves to fit over them and now it's much more comfortable....
Good Idea!! I'll have to try that...

A couple quick tips...if it's difficult to get the strap to fit through the mask buckles, trim that end with a scissors into a point to make it easier. Also, you'll probably have a lot more strap (the thin black one, not the big padded part) than you need, so you can trim off the excess.

Back
Top Bottom