Custom Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TostitoBandito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of anyplace that will custom make masks molded to fit your face? I mean, like taking a cast of your face and making the skirt fit it perfectly. I don't have much space between my upper lip and my nose so I can't find any masks that don't bruise the hell out of the bottom of my nose because they are meant for people whose nose is 1/4 inch higher on their face. I don't have problems with fit really, it's just the pain is very annoying. I'll take suggestions on masks that may fit better as well :)

Thanks

TostitoBandito:
Does anyone know of anyplace that will custom make masks molded to fit your face? I mean, like taking a cast of your face and making the skirt fit it perfectly. I don't have much space between my upper lip and my nose so I can't find any masks that don't bruise the hell out of the bottom of my nose because they are meant for people whose nose is 1/4 inch higher on their face. I don't have problems with fit really, it's just the pain is very annoying. I'll take suggestions on masks that may fit better as well :)

Thanks

Anyone?

That would be a good idea. But the mold would have to be speacially made. Thats expensive. Do some research make a few calls. If its possible please post back. No harm in inquiring but I have never heard of a custom face part of a mask.

you might try using a full face mask, the kind with no nose pocket, I'm sure if you ask nicely, the folks at your LDS will let you try one out in their pool (if they have a pool) They can seem kind of expensive, and you'll have to take a FFM course if you do buy one , but if it ends your pain and makes your diving more comfortable, they're definitely worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom