Jet Fin XL vs Jet Fin Revo Grande

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitio

Registered
Reaction score
I was very curious about the new Jet Fin Revo from Scuba Pro in Japan, so I asked my good friend to get them from Japan. I paid $140 including tax. Based on Japanese SP website, the fins are totaly redesigned and updated with new material. The significant update is the pocket design that accomodates Dry suite boots. I have a pair of boots that have very thick sole that never fit into my XL Jets.

Here is my first impresison on Revo (I have not used in water yet)

1. Smaller than XL Jets, probably the same size as Large Jets
2. The material used for Revo is very similar to the rubber of Aqualung's V-Tek Split fins
3. The material feels bit softer, but they seem to have some kicks. I should try these in the water before I comment any further on this subject.
4. Revo has one large channel in the middle of each fin
5. Each fin got two metal bolts, but I don't know what those are for
6. The pocket is bit narrower, but they are significantely taller than XL jets
7. Overall Revo are smaller, so they are lighter

Overall they seem to be nice fins. Especially I can use my thick boots on Revo. I love my XL jets, but I hated walking on rocky area with my thin soled boots. I will try these tomorrow night and see how I feel.

Here are some photos of my XL Jets and Revo (Larger size).

Thanks for the review of the "revo" fin - I've been wondering about them. I assume you had XL revos? is that the largest size they make in them?

Let us know how they perform in the water for you too.

Aloha, Tim

That's dissappointing. I had to go to XXL Jets to get foot pockets wide enough to prevent my dry suit booted feet from cramping. Extra height in the foot pocket does not really help without a proportionate increased in width. A foot pocket about 1/2 way between XL and XXL would be perfect.

Nice post - been wondering. Please let us know how they perform!

Yes, these Revo are the largest size that SP offer so far.
When I looked at the sole of the fin, it says some name of Japanese company which I forgot. As a result, SP is not really making these fins. I wonder Apollo's child company is making these fins.
I may not be able to try them tonight. As soon as I use them in the water, I will let you know how they perform.

Definitely would love to know how they work underwater........................

Back
Top Bottom