Jet Fin sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to buy a pair of Jet Fins... the LDS wants something like $125 for them, but I can find a used pair on eBay for around $35. I'm not sure what size I need though... my drysuit boots are pretty much exactly the same size as my neoprene booties... and they're size 8 .5 and fit in a M/L size Cressi fin just fine.

Any ideas which size I'd need? Large, XL, Medium?

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

And since you are going to be getting a good deal on ebay go ahead and buy some spring straps for them... they will make your life so much easier :D

Well I plan on it.. you recommend that I make them myself or buy them somewhere? Any suggestions? :wink:

a little cheaper than Halcyon and a lot easier than making them...

www.fifthd.com

If you like to make stuff and are handy then this is a project that can be accomplished in short order and with great satisfaction in that you will use them on every dive. The are several websites that give detailed instructions. Tools require include

If you like to make stuff but are not very handy you can still do it by just bending the ends of the springs over with pliers to form a loop and tie that off to the metal loop already on the fin (don't forget to put some vinyl tubing over the spring first.)

If you don't like to make things or just don't have the time then the www.fifthd.com ones are the way to go.

Personally... this is one of the items I could make and it was fun and rewarding to do so :D

If a size 8.5 foot needs an XL what about myself with a size 13?
Do they even make a Jet Fin large enough? What are my options?

Thanks

I'm in the same spot myself. I have size 13 feet and I use wetsuit booties.

At a DIRF course this weekend, I had a chance to try on some turtles. The foot pocket length is fine, but it is too wide. XL jets seem just a tad too small. Not sure what to do -- perhaps buy some DUI rockboots to wear over my neoprene booties (I dive wet)...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom