rocket fin sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwesler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I use jet fins, but need a new pair to fit my dry suit. I have a size 9 foot, wear medium jet fins with booties. The Aqualung rocket fins are called "one size fits all"-does anyone know if that is accurate? Ie, a REALLY big foot pocket?

Ken

Ken... why do you want Rocket fins?

Jet fins are the ticket and if you need a larger foot pocket go with the XL Jets.... unless you are using DUI rockboots... then you might need to step up to IDI Turtles.

I prefer jet fins, and use them already for wet suit diving, but saw the rocket fins much cheaper, so was considering them. Enlighten me please as to the +- if you would...

thanks!

kwesler once bubbled...
Enlighten me please as to the +- if you would...
One of my buddies has a pair of rocket fins... both are split... something about the rubber of the Jets makes them last forever.

I also prefer the *snapiness* of the rubber in the Jets... and have heard others make the same comment.

As for foot pocket size... I really don't think the Rockets are bigger than the corresponding Jet fins.

With your size foot you should be able to use an XL Jet and the can be had for ~$35 on ebay at times. I have also picked them up for the same price at pawn shops.

Back
Top Bottom